[ABOVE] Prescott National Cemetery accepts handmade urns for unclaimed Veteran remains
VA therapist helps dying Veteran complete bucket list
On Veterans Day 2017 Army Veteran Kenny Augustus fulfilled his dying wish. Attached to a highly-experienced instructor and with a big smile on his face, he dove out of a prop plane at 13,500 feet.
Veterans arts festival and competitions kick off
During the months of January, February and March, Veterans enrolled at VA medical facilities or outpatient clinics are invited to enter their art, music, dance, drama and creative writing entries into the local competition phase.
Partnership allows VA to reach more Veterans with services, supplies
In the first year of the partnership, Bombas delivered over 700 pairs of socks to Veterans throughout New York City by way of homeless shelters, VA community-based outpatient clinics and VA medical centers.
New on VAntage Point:
- VA facilities now offer same-day care for urgent primary and mental health-care needs
- Veterans and the Humane Society: connecting Vets with pets
- Bay Pines VA modernizing for Veterans
- More than 3,000 volunteers needed for the 38th National Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Women Veterans featured at Student Veterans of America’s 2018 national conference
- Regional VA using technology to keep Veterans informed, manage appointments
- National Guard Veteran finds help, home and hope with his four-legged friend
- Q&A with a mental health nurse practitioner on VA’s mental health hiring initiative
- [Podcast] #77: Randy Dexter – Student Veteran of the Year finalist
- [Podcast] #78 Chris Rolph – Air Force Veteran, Student Veteran of the Year
Connect with VA:
- Facebook – Veterans of the Day, Top VA news & videos
- Twitter – Veteran news from around the country
- Subscribe – Never miss a VA update
- Instagram – Top Veteran pictures from around the country
- Subscribe – This Week at VA podcast
VETERAN OF THE WEEK
This week we honor Army Veteran Jason Maddy.
Jason served as a cavalry scout with 2nd Squadron, 14th Cavalry Regiment. He attended Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia and served a total of 14 years on active duty and with the National Guard.