Click here to download Today in USA History APP
[ABOVE] Breast cancer awareness information for Veterans
Mobile medical unit brings much needed care to storm-ravaged Puerto Rico
Veterans are able to access VA health care services in their community again thanks to a mobile medical unit brought in from the Orlando, Florida VA Medical Center.
NFL star, former Olympian shares struggle with mental illness with Phoenix Veterans
Football legend Herschel Walker shared his battle with dissociative identity disorder with a packed room of Veterans and VA employees earlier this month at the Carl T. Hayden Medical Center in Phoenix.
The best way proven to prevent the flu: Get your flu shot
The flu is nothing to sneeze at, for every year in the United States, influenza hospitalizes up to 226,000 people and is blamed for 36,000 deaths.
New on VAntage Point:
- Veterans can now take advantage of new facility in Mishawaka, Indiana
- VA, Ginnie Mae create task force to address mortgage refinancing issues
- VA announces Veterans Coordinated Access & Rewarding Experiences Act
- Vet Center rebounds from Hurricane Maria
- VA Mammogram guidelines: when, where, and what they mean
- VA seeks partnerships to build and improve health-care facilities
Connect with VA:
- Facebook – Veterans of the Day, Top VA news & videos
- Twitter – Veteran news from around the country
- Subscribe – Never miss a VA update
- Instagram – Top Veteran pictures from around the country
- Subscribe – This Week at VA podcast
VETERAN OF THE WEEK
This week we honor Army Veteran Allison Fortado Ball.
Allison served from 2002 to 2011. Allison commissioned as a Medical Service Officer after she graduated from Texas Christian University in 2002. She deployed twice in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.